Ingredients (Makes 15)
- 280 g plain flour
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: vanilla extract, Almond extract
- Icing and decorations (Santa Cookie Kit)
- In a large bowl mix the butter and the sugar until pale and fluffy (3-4 minutes). Alternatively use a mixer.
- Add the egg and the almond ant vanilla extract if using. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add this mixture gradually to the butter mixture and mix thoughtfully.
- Take it out from the bowl and form a ball with the bowl, cover and chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Ask an adult to preheat the oven to 180 °C. Roll the dough out to about ½ cm thick and cut your cookies out and ask an adult to bake the cookies for 10 minutes ( light colour).
- Meanwhile roll the icing very thin (1 mm) and cut it with the cookie cutter. Place them on the cold cookies. TIP: to make sure it sticks put a few drops of water on the cookie. We used a paintbrush.
- Use your brush to make the top part of the head damp too and sprinkle over the red sugar decorations. Similarly stick the eyes and the mustache on!
TIP: Use our Santa Cookie Kit to make these cookies: