Super-food Quinoa with carrots and onion
- 150 g quinoa
- 300 ml of water
- 1 tsp. of oil
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 300 ml water
- 2 tbsp. of tomato puree
- Rinse the quinoa well in cold water.
- Chop the onion and the carrot to small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Pour the vegetables into the pan and turn the heat right down and sauté them for around 5 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the quinoa to the saucepan and mix in with the veggies.
- Pour in the water and add the tomato puree, salt and pepper.
- Bring it to the boil then turn the heat down. 8. Cover with lid and cook it until all the water is absorbed; around 20 minutes.
- Serve it with meat, fish or a vegetarian option. Enjoy!